Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021 is currently on going now see how to apply.
Our team has do find it as a necessity to post this article to those who has been waiting for this great opportunity. We are happy to inform you now that the opportunity is you have been waiting for is here at your door post now crab it. The south Korean Government has decide to help a particular people who are distinguish in nature or really need to further their education out the country of their resident but they could may be because of finance or other factor that may one way of their affected them or limiting them from not furthering their education outside the country .The south Korean Government see it needful to help this person.
Note that the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021 has be designed such that all successful applicant has full access to the scholarship. What do we mean by that? It mean that in this scholarship you don’t need to worry about any thing it is fully funded scholarship you don’t need to worry about any thing. All the expensive will be taken care off
Note that Application Deadline for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021: Varies depending the country
Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021 is setup to to provide international students with differennt opportunities to study out their country of resident at higher educational level in south Korea for some number of academic degrees, in other to enhance both local and international education for exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
Criteria For The Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021
All the applicants who wish to apply must be a must be citizens of GKS program‟s partner countries that are invited to participate in this Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021 and must not hold Korean citizenship.
All applicant who wish to apply must not have dual citizen e.g (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021
All Applicants who their parent has previously held in Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
some thing Exception for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021: For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold„Permanent Residency Permit‟ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply.
Age bracket All applicant who wish to apply Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021
○ All applicant who wish to apply must be under the age bracket of 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021 (born after March 1, 1996) High School Graduates (or expected graduates)
All applicant who wish to apply must have high school diploma as of March 1st , 2021 or must be expected to graduate high school by March 1st, 2021.
All Applicants who are expected to graduate from high school at the time of applying must first submit the certificate from such applicant expected graduation at the time of applying. The official high school graduation certificate and final high school transcript must be submitted by March 1st, 2021 at the very latest.
- Para venture any applicant fails to submit his or her above mentioned document by March 1st, 2021 or does not fulfill the grade requirement, the applicant will forfeit his or her Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021.
- As Korean Government Scholarship Programs have been integrated and branded as Global Korea Scholarship in 2010, the name is changed to GKS (Global Korea Scholarship)
Korean Embassy Track
The Korean government welcomes 125 worldwide students from 67 nations who wish to seek after a four year college education in Korea. To be chosen as a GKS grantee, any candidate ought to effectively go through the first determination measure set by the Korean Embassy of their nation birth of place.
The Korean government welcomes 60 global understudies from 72 nations who wish to seek after bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Nature Science majors) and furthermore 35 worldwide students from 17 nations who wish to seek after a partner degree in Korea. To be chosen as a GKS grantee, any candidate ought to effectively go through the first choice selection set by the assigned colleges.
Attention! The Regional University Track candidates can just apply for a significant that is considered as Natural Science, Technology and Engineering field. kindly allude to the appended files(available offices).
Embassy Track and University Track
If it’s not too much trouble contact the first selection organizations(embassy or college) to get point by point data viewing the application submission, for example, application deadline, required records, meet and so on. Application submission deadline may vary by every government office or college that directs the first round of selection; nonetheless, it is expected to be around late September or early October.
Benefits for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021.
- Entry to Korea: An economy class flight ticket from GKS scholar‟s home country to Korea
- Return: An economy class flight ticket from Korea to GKS scholar‟s home country
- Entry flight ticket will NOT be provided to newly selected scholars who have resided in Korea at the time of applying to this program and during the selection period.
- The return flight ticket is only offered to GKS scholars who successfully complete their degree coursework.
- The return flight is NOT offered to those who have withdrawn from the scholarship in the middle of their studies.
- Any domestic travel fees within a GKS scholar‟s home country and within Korea are NOT covered.
- International travel insurance is NOT covered.
- All applicant will be Settlement with Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW per month
1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Tuition amount covered by NIIED is maximum 5million KRW, and the amount that exceeds 5 million KRW will be covered by scholar‟s university.
- University Admission fees are waived for GKS scholars.
○ Medical Insurance: 60,000 KRW per month
Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- This special additional grant is given only to GKS scholars in the degree program who hold valid TOPIK level 5 or 6 for the period of exam validity.
○ Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW (offered once)
- Offered to GKS scholars who return to their home countries after completing their degree coursework under the scholarship program.
- NOT offered to GKS scholars who decide to remain in Korea after completing their degree coursework
PROGRAM and EXPECTED GRANTEE
Available Program (Bachelor‟s Degree) A total of 5 years (1 year of Korean language program + 4 years of Undergraduate degree)
(Associate degree) A total of 3 or 4 years (1 year of Korean language program + 2~3 years of Associate degree)
Embassy Track applicants must submit their application documents to the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in their respective countries of citizenship and can apply to all available fields of study offered by 38 designated universities. Applicants can choose among universities in both Type A and Type B, but must include at least one university from Type B. . Available Universities and Fields of Study.
The quota allocated for Overseas Koreans is 10 and this is separately reserved for the overseas Koreans from 7 countries. The overseas Koreans submit their applications to the Korean embassies in 7 countries where they hold citizenship and will be selected among their own applicant pool.
As for the application guidelines and FAQ, we recommend that you carefully read the attach file in the official website. Application Documents
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2021